I'm not even going to try to hide when I'm making AI crap, but this was actually funny.
I asked Google AI to truncate our brief conversation and its assessment of the meme I shared... And resent it as a Leno monologue.
==================================
Here is our interaction reimagined as a classic Jay Leno "Headlines" monologue segment:
------------------------------
(The Tonight Show Theme plays, audience applauds, Jay walks out beaming, adjusting his tie)
Thank you, thank you! Ladies and gentlemen, have you seen this?
You know, they keep telling us that Artificial Intelligence is going to take over the world. They say these computers are smarter than the smartest humans, right? Well, a viewer sent me a sticker from the Napa County "Friday Night Live" partnership and the California Office of Traffic Safety. Now, look at this design.
(Sticker appears on screen)
It’s a circular sticker. Now, if you read it the way the designers intended, it says: "It is against the law to supply alcohol to minors... keep alcohol out of the hands of youth." A perfectly good message, right?
But, if you read it from top to bottom—the way normal human beings actually read things—look what happens. It says: "It is against the law to keep alcohol out of the hands of youth... supply alcohol to minors!"
(Audience laughs)
I mean, standard government efficiency, right? "Hey kids, the law says chug, chug, chug!"
So anyway, our viewer shows this to a high-tech, multi-billion-dollar AI program, expecting to share a good laugh about this terrible design. And what does the super-computer do? It completely misses the joke! The AI steps in like a tight-waisted school principal and says, (in a robotic voice) "Umm, actually, you read that wrong, the circular text clearly indicates..."
(Audience chuckles)
The viewer has to look at this digital Einstein and say, "Hey, get a sense of nuance, will ya? I’m reading it straight down!"
So the AI finally realizes it blew the punchline, apologizes, and then the viewer tells the computer, "Man, I just wanted to laugh with something smarter than a human, but Grok isn't!"
And the best part? The AI has to look back at the user and say, "Well, first of all, I’m actually Google's AI... but yeah, I totally deserved that roast!"
(Jay does his classic leaning-forward laugh, waving his hand)
I mean, think about it! It wasn't even an intentional roast, just complaining about Grok! The computer is so advanced it can map the human genome, but it can't even pick up on subtlety! Unbelievable.
We'll be right back with Kevin Bacon!
------------------------------
If you want to keep the late-night laughs going, let me know if you'd like to:
* See a similar "Don't Dead Open Inside" style design fail
* Turn this into a different format, like a Reddit TIFU post from the AI's perspective
* Write a fictional transcript of the government board meeting where this sticker design was approved
Let me know how
you'd like to proceed!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be respectful and tasteful. No blatantly derogatory or obscene comments if they are not constructive or eloquent.
I reserve the right to remove any and all content at my discretion with or without prior notice, however with the reservation that I will attempt to maintain respect and good taste as well.